For 2020, NJ Kids Media Group will host an exciting lineup of summer camp fairs. Beginning mid-January through February, NJ Kids will be offering 7 NJ camp fairs in 7 locations during most weekends. For those of you who travel a significant distance to attend the camp fairs, this will allow you to attend at least 2 fairs during the weekend. Our fairs will be held in Bergen, Essex, Mercer, Middlesex, and Union counties. We are offering camp fairs in some of NJ’s biggest shopping malls as well as some key destination locations.
1. Saturday, January 18, 2020, will be our first camp fair of the season at THE OUTLETS AT BERGEN TOWN CENTER in Paramus, NJ (Rt 4 East & Forest Avenue, Paramus). This mall is a dominant super-regional shopping center featuring specialty shops including Saks Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack, Bloomingdale’s Outlet, Nike Factory Store, Target, Whole Foods, REI, and about 100 additional stores. This mall is located near the camp communities of Englewood, Teaneck, Oradell, Tenafly, Westwood, Closter, Ridgewood, among others surrounding Paramus, and within 10 minutes from New York City. We will be set up in the huge exhibit space near Whole Foods, Century 21 and Saks Off Fifth. There is limited electricity. Please note that due to Blue Laws in BergenCounty, malls are not open on Sundays so locals are out shopping on Saturdays!
2. Sunday, January 19, 2020, will be our second camp fair of the season at Quaker Bridge Mall, RT 1 North, Lawrenceville in Mercer County. This mall is located near the communities of Princeton, Lawrenceville, East and West Windsor, Hamilton, etc. This mall has a wide variety of stores including Macy’s, Lord and Taylor, Apple, Cheesecake Factory and over 100 specialty stores. We will be set up on the main floor, right outside the Macys court.
3. Saturday, January 25, 2020, will be our third fair at the Livingston Mall, Livingston, NJ in Essex County. This mall is a fabulous location from which to gain access to potential camp families in Morristown, Parsippany, Madison, Chatham, Florham Park, West Orange, Short Hills, Millburn and the communities surrounding Livingston. We will be set up on the main floor, Centercourt, right outside Lord and Taylor court.
4. Sunday, January 26, 2020, will be our fourth camp fair at The Grand Summit Hotel, Summit, NJ of Union County. This is the 11th year in a row in this hotel and the turnout of interested families has been great. Summit is located near Springfield, Short Hills, Millburn, Berkeley Heights, Chatham, Westfield and Basking Ridge to name a few communities.
5. Saturday, February 8, 2020, will be our fifth camp fair and our second year at Ridgewood Town Center - Community Center in Bergen County. This is located right next to the Ridgewood Library and Athletic Fields and is a major hub for activities. The last fair we had was very successful, which finalized the second fair in Bergen County. This area services not only families from Ridgewood, but neighboring towns such as Wyckoff, Glen Rock, Franklin Lakes, Oakland, Old Tappan, Washington Township, Paramus, among others.
6. Sunday, February 9, 2020, will be our sixth camp fair held at The Montclair Art Museum in Essex County. This will be our second year there. The museum and the town of Montclair is a nice destination for several towns surrounding Montclair, including West Orange, Caldwell, Livingston, Verona, and Nutley, as well as it draws families from towns that are much further away. There has been a large influx of NYC families moving into the Montclair Area.
7. Saturday, February 22, 2020, will be our seventh camp fair held at the Menlo Park Mall in Middlesex County, located on U.S. Route 1 and Parsonage Road in Edison, NJ. This mall is a 2-level super-regional mall featuring Macy's, Nordstrom, Barnes & Noble Booksellers, The Cheesecake Factory, etc. Although the mall is near East Brunswick, Metuchen, Scotch Plains, Westfield, to name a few communities, according to the Simon Company, it draws customers from 35 miles away, and has annual traffic of over 15 million, double any of their other malls., ...We will be limited to 25 booths here and will be set up in Centercourt.
TIMES and DETAILS: All camp fairs start from noon - 3pm, and are free to the public. You will be provided with a six-foot table (at most locations), two chairs, and an electrical facility if specified. At some locations, you must provide your own cloth table covering that reaches the floor on all sides. Set-up time will begin approximately 10-10:30am (your table must be set up by 12 noon). As in the past, your staff members will be limited to 3 as space could be an issue. We will send out specific setup time and rules as they apply to each location. One of the great things we do: Within two weeks after each fair you will receive a spreadsheet with the contact information of all families who attended the fairs in which you participated.
REGISTRATION: All registrations must be done online. You will then be contacted by one of our NJ KIDS representatives if you opt to add on the web package and/or camp guide ad. You will also need to provide a 50-word listing which we will include in the camp guide booklet. Payment must be in by December 15, 2019. Please note the tiered pricing, so sign up earlier to take advantage of early pricing program. There is a sliding scale for 3 or more fairs. The assignment of preferred floor space will be done by the order in which reservation forms and payments are received. Please don’t wait! Lastly, please be advised that no refunds will be issued for any reason after December 1, 2019. All fairs will be held regardless of the weather, unless there is a state of emergency, in which case, we will reschedule the fair.
WEB Package: Please refer to our packages for best combo rates. The Platinum packages are the best web package with the most exposure starting with early bird fall advertising. We will post your open houses, and any new news, and include you in our articles.
ULTIMATE SUMMER CAMP GUIDE AD: This digest-size guide will be distributed widely before, during and after the fairs. It will also be in the digital flip format and emailed out in the NJ Kids e-newsletters throughout the 6 month camp marketing season. The full color, glossy handy digest guide includes backlinks to your website. For camp attendees, the price is $750 for a full-page, $550 for a half-page, $350 for a quarter page. Families who pick this up, keep it or pass it along to their friends. It’s a handy little guide with a lot of camp ideas.
Please promote the camp fairs: Click for ads and press releases.
Thank you in advance. We look forward to working with you!